Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mii And My Friend Play

Wii Play. I haven't really done a review for the Wii, which is understandable, yet not. Wii is the system to be playing right now. One can download old NES, SNES, and 64 games while also being able to play Gamecube games, all on one system. A small fee is in order for the downloads, but all worth it as one starts up the system and doesn't have a freeze while on the last world of Super Mario Bros. Or playing Legend of Zelda for two hours without saving, only to lose everything as the same note is held until you turn the system off, haunting you in your dreams forever.

Did I mention Twilight Princess is worth it?

Anyways, the main point of the Wii at this point is that anyone and everyone can play it. My father asks casually if I'm bringing the system home, my friends drool when they come to my house and even grandparentals take an interest when it's spoken of.

The system itself comes with Wii Sports, which has now expanded to Wii Play.

Wii Play comes with a Wii-mote, which is fantastic for those who are first buying the system. You'll have five games from Wii Sports, then an additional nine games from Wii Play.

So, one can look at it as, "I got a free Wii-mote!" or "I got nine games for the Wii for only ten bucks!" Either way, who cares? I love these things.

My favorite of the Wii Play is Find The Mii. Basically, one has a time limit in which to reach a goal the game will as of you--when you reach the goal, you win ten extra seconds. The goals of the game are quite simple, such as finding the Mii you're using or finding two Miis that "look alike".

A Mii, for those that don't know, is one of the first things to do when owning the system. Almost like Mr. Potatoe, one places the facial features onto a character to make it look like you--thus, a Mii. The interesting part is that one can save their Mii to their Wii-mote and bring it around to another's Wii so they can play with those characters. One can also send Mii's through the internet when the system is hooked up. One of the more popular things to do is to create celebrity Miis; on my own, thanks to some friends, they created Jesus, Jack Black and even Micheal Jackson (I actually deleted that character... too creepy for my liking).

So, within the Wii Play game, one has to find the Miis... but even the ones you create! The more you create, the more you see them in the game! Of course, this makes it easier for you than the friends because they don't see you make the Miis, but that just means they should play with you more often, am I right?

Another favorite of mine is Pose Mii, and is a bit more difficult. Most of the games created for Wii Sports or Wii Play is not just for fun--it's made to show what the Wii-motes are made to do, their potential and hopeful future. This game does just that by making the person twist the Wii-mote to the right or left to place the Mii correctly into the bubble. However, there are also three different poses the Mii can be placed into by pressing 'A' or 'B' to make things slightly harder than thought. As the levels move on upward, you'll see that you'll eventually have to have the Mii upside down while the bubble sail across the screen to hit the bottom (which can only happen three times--or you're out). I think what really makes it for me is the music. It's light and feels like plucking strings.

I'll finally decide upon Tank as my last favorite, if only because it frusrates me the most, but you also get to use the Nunchuck. By using the joystick, you move the tank around to shoot other tanks, which increasingly become "smarter" and have more moves. You can only shoot five bullets at a time, which bounce off of the wall once, then explode on the next wall impact. You can accidentally blow yourself up because of this, but also because you can use mines. It's fun, but also challenging. Especially against your friends; you can blow each other up to give yourself more of a chance to get more tanks, but if both of you blow up, then the game is over.

There is also Fishing, Cow Racing, Target Shooting (I love this one, too... Just like when I was a kid with Duck Hunt!), Laser Hockey, Ping Pong and Billiards. All of them show the capabilities the Wii-mote has, and it's extremely fun for everyone--I myself have converted grandparents, friends, little ones and at least ten skeptics at work (customers and employee).

I highly suggest picking this system up--it's amazing, fantastic and will cause World Peace!

No comments: