Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Galaxy of Hell

Rogue Galaxy.

I'm going to say that, thus far, I have only played about thirty minutes of the game. More if you count a few times I've died.

This game is an RPG. And it's in real time, though one does only have a certain amount of hits until one has to wait for the "attack" meter to get back up. It plays like Kingdom Hearts as for real time, except that you actually feel the need to block at times because everything is very much so powerful than you.

Except that I cannot for the life of me like the game! For the gods' sake, after just beating the first main boss, I ended up crying out in frustration at the damn thing because I wasn't paying attention to my health, in which, in usual RPG tastes, the designers tend to have some cut scene that allows the "company" to recover and you don't have to worry about the cuts and bruises and whatever else had occurred, and I died! Basically, all in all, one doesn't have to worry if they were on the brink of death by the next battle after a huge battle like that one.

But, apparently, you do in this one.

I think I was just used to God of War II, in which, after dying, it has a checkpoint that places you nearby the last place you were at, rather than restarting the game and going through a whole bunch of loading sessions.

But this was definitely not like that. For something that is so new with game play, you'd figure they'd allow one to figure things out.

Okay, okay, maybe I should give it more of a chance. I'm mainly irritated because I haven't died in the beginning of a game for years. I mean, it's training you in, not placing one in the midst of the main battle. The last time I died so early was when I played Halo for the first time, and that was simply because I don't play the XBox/XBox 360. I don't have one.

So, after long cut scenes of graphics I'm still debating on whether or not I like, and between catching on to the storyline rather quickly (and dying so easily), I have to say that it's getting a very small, scum-filled yeti from me.

I love sky-pirates. But I'll just play Final Fantasy XII, thank you very much.

I promise to update when I feel the need to be pwned. But I hate being pwned. I have my pride. (And somewhere is my dignity).

No comments: